Physician Practice Management
Countless. The number of times I have left a meeting with hospital-based management teams or physician practice management and just shook my head. The meetings are initiated due to operational, financial and cultural issues with hospital employed physicians formed into a loose-knit or formalized medical staff. The issues are almost identical. The results that follow, while possibly acceptable, are rarely the best they can be, often resulting in a common set of symptoms, including at least a few of the following:
- Physician turnover is relatively high, i.e., greater than 25% over a average period of 4-5 years.
- Physician satisfaction is generally neutral or below neutral.
- There is a lack of common culture among providers and medical staff.
- An us/them relationship exists between management and providers, creating barriers for many things.
- Operational changes are “mandated” versus adopted.
- Compensation and productivity is a constant source of conflict.
We could easily add 10-15 more items to the list, and we do in the White Paper; however, this basic list will make the point. We bet you lunch in the hospital cafeteria you recognize at least 3-4 of these items.
Complete the form and a copy will be emailed directly to you!
If you would like to speak with one of our Healthcare Management Consultants, give us a call toll-free at 1.877.521.3198